Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Love Trumps Crap Every Time

Posted this on a friend's status earlier this morning. Short and sweet, but it kind of says it all.

"It's funny as we get older how even happiness gets mixed with other emotions. I am preparing the memorial service for my mother right now…and as I listen to her music, I am moved to tears of joy and sadness. I have to keep reminding myself how blessed I am to have shared such a love with her. I miss her so much, and that makes me sad. But many people never knew a love like the love I knew with her. It's just the way of the world. When we are little, we just know the love and happiness part, and as we get older, the wisdom of life's brutality can mar the happiness. We can't let it. Life is too amazing. Love wins."




My mother was happiest when holding a baby. <3
Here she is with her second grandchild, my Kelsey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment